Karen McCorry is a child and educational psychologist, based in Buckinghamshire.
• making psychological assessments and recommendations for children and young people from 2 to 19 years
• assessing children and young people who may have developmental difficulties, language difficulties, dyslexia, dyspraxia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), conduct disorders, autism (ASD) or emotional difficulties relating to a family situation, such as divorce or bereavement
• consulting with school staff to develop useful and practical interventions
• advising on appropriate support and school placements
• supporting parents to get the best out of their children
developing confidence in children and young people through solution focused and cognitive behaviour therapy
• providing assessment advice as part of an Appeal to the Local Authority for a grammar school place
• making assessments for special arrangements for examinations and Special Educational Needs Tribunals
• referring to other professionals including specialist teachers, paediatricians, clinical psychologists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other relevant professionals to provide further assessment and support.